Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! New BODEGA Humidor With RH control.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    chr is
    Participant

hello I what give everyone a heads up on a review of bodega on the internet.

https://cigardojo.com/2023/03/bodegacooler-jc-85a/

I went to this sight that gave this cigar fridge a bad review. I thought it was unjust and wanted to explain were he might have gone wrong. I registered with my facebook ID to post a comment. and explain how my fridge after calibration operated rock solid on the r.h spectrum backed up by defrost and heat.

My Facebook was imminently hacked after and everything deleted. Facebook since restore all the content. What a little bitch ASSHOLE this guy is click bate. If I see this little shit, I would smash him.

chr is
    Participant

How to tune the bodega humidor the desired humidity. Run your humidor for a few hours. Have an external temp rh meter inside. When the humidor reaches 60 rh, go into calibration mode select positive numbers until you here the defrost come on stop at that number, monitor.

In short order the cycles are in concert defrost/heat and humidification, short efficient cycling with narrow rh fluctuations. My number at 5500ft is 7 the numbers go to 15. higher the numbers mean long defrost heat cycles (heat to 68deg) less humidification cycles equaling lower rh values down to 53%.

chr is
    Participant

more supporting documentation

do you see the dry is 68  dew point 54 in red rh 60 in blue. these are corresponding numbers at a dry of 68 with steady state rh values.

chr is
    Participant

above graph is from NWCG it’s a graph for using a sling cyclometer.

Taken from a Dry Bulb and a wet bulb to give us a dew point and corresponding rh. to generate real time on the spot fire weather readings.

Charts are based off elevation and atmospheric pressures.

chr is
    Participant

Reporting back The bodegas are doing there thing and stable Fabulous.

New to the collecting bought 2

Waleaf Electric Temperature Control Cabinet 50L Freestanding Electric Double-Layer Tempered Glass Door with Digital Temperature Humidity Control

to test stability and it’s been holding conditions 6 hours running and they  run perfect too.

The bodega runs with refrigerant and the wayleaf is semiconductor cooling, via heatsink.

Both brands use a water box that is dry that contains the wet sponge.

2 Thumbs up to the wayleaf priced at 170.00 on amazon be sure to get the unit with humidity control, if your interested.

chr is
    Participant

A small corner with machine. 264L of drying space/ storage space for my perpetual cannabis grow.

chr is
    Participant

For clarification

Both bodegas have a small water dish with water in it in the water box. The racing filter is dry.

The wayleaf has a wet sponge in a dry water box no racing filter.

chr is
    Participant

Yep

chr is
    Participant

HAPPY 420 EVERYONE ENJOY THIS INFO.

chr is
    Participant

setting on the wayfair t67 rh 60, groove meter trending at 54.4 DP solid.

chr is
    Participant

chr is
    Participant

Just ordered stainless steel cooling racks for shelving for all 4 units. bodega has 6 slots for shelves. the wayfair has 3 slots.

If need cooling racks can re stacked in the wayfair with spacer between the racks instead of using the 3 slots.

chr is
    Participant

Update on the wayleaf, OVER HUMIDIFICATION OCCURRED OVER NIGHT.

I need to chalk this up to operator error and not understanding the way the unit was designed to function.

Wayleaf has a internal water collection method. This be design creates condensation along the back along a stainless steel drip ramp to be collected in the water tray.

I’m thinking running it with a dry sponge and removing the extra moisture out of the box will be necessary for maintaining stable condition for cannabis purposes.

Or circumventing the internal collection method getting that condensation to the outside drip pan

I will be continuing to monitor and tweak it.

chr is
    Participant

here’s a picture. I mistakenly bent these ramps up a little and have fixed them, part of the cause of over humidification.

You know right now the Bodegas are hands off running great. I think with the wayleaf constant monitoring might be required.

chr is
    Participant

Status Update on WAYLEAF

These Humidors show so much promise I have been tweaking on it a day and FOUND THE SOLUTION. THESE THINGS ARE CHEAP AT 170.00

The water port on both my units was cloaked with silicon, NOT ALOWING THE CHAMBER TO BREATH AT ALL LEEDING TO OVER HUMIDIFICATION.

I took a long enough drill bit and drilled out the glue till the drill hit the water pan scoop on the inside. Wala

THE CHAMBER BREATHES GREAT NOW. I’m test with water in the water box now and it is VERY PROMISEING.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.