Skip to main content
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    SeasonsLater
    Participant

I am planning on bud washing and I’ve been watching a lot of videos in preparation to ensure I can wash these plants prior to dry and cure process I know once I start trimming and opening up I’m gonna find a lot of these Easter eggs slash worms hopefully there will be enough herb unscathed or touched.  From the observations on the process I have viewed,  there is not a real downside to but washing.  Having some comfort that bud washing seems to be fast becoming standard practice for many outdoor and some indoor growers.  The idea of ingesting, inhaling insects, carpices, bug feces, powdery mildew or any residuals left from IPM sprays is really weighing me down.  Once this grow is complete, I want to quickly setup another indoor only to see what a true controlled indoor grow is like wing to wing, but need to get past this one first!

Hey there, while these are definitely moth eggs, they fortunately are not budworms. One way I recommend to prevent budworm moths and regular moths alike is with insect netting or screen, especially if you’re uncomfortable with microbial biocontrols and that ilk.

In case you want to know more about budworms and these preventative techniques in particular I have this presentation you can check out.

SeasonsLater
    Participant

I having been trying to post on the forum but it seems there is something wrong with my account.  I am getting closer to harvest and following the 7 steps guide and focusing on Trichome color of cloudy white with some amber.  If most of all of my Trichomes are cloudy when is a good approx. to transition from nutrients to water to get the PPM down to 100 prior to cutting the plant for dry and cure?  I have added some photos for review. cloudywithamber

SeasonsLater
    Participant

cloudywithAmber2

SeasonsLater
    Participant

bump

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Sorry for the delayed response on this; I just had a baby 2 days ago and just got home from the hospital with a newborn. The trichomes are looking good! I see mostly cloudy but hard to tell if it’s just the camera being deceiving or not. Can you post a pic of the whole plant?

You mention bringing the PPM down to around 100; keep in mind, that is an optional method. Many people get caught up on flushing their plants like crazy trying to get the PPM down and worry a lot. These days, many people bring down to 500, or,  some people don’t flush at all. This is a highly debated topic and is something I need to clarify more when I do the next revision on my book.

SeasonsLater
    Participant

First off congratulations.  I knew you had a bday recently but was not aware you had a child looming on the horizon!  This will be your most challenging growing project and all of this has been training you for the road that lies ahead!  I have two boys 21 and 16 now(yes I am old) actually men lol, as they will always be your kids =)  Okay so forget about the flush got it.  I honestly agree with that especially if your medium composition consists of more than organics than synthetics.  I will post a picture of the plant today.

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Thank you so much! Yes my bday was on the 2nd and the baby was born on the 5th; so close together! I appreciate your kind words and will keep an eye out for your pics.

SeasonsLater
    Participant

I was having some issues with power today.   Full plant.  close ups of some buds on next posts…

full plant

SeasonsLater
    Participant

bud#1 close up

bigbuddy1

SeasonsLater
    Participant

bud 2 close up

bud2closeup

CamZ

Power issues are frustrating. Hopefully your equipment doesn’t need to be reset. I hate analog timers for that reason, but I haven’t switched to digital because they used to fail too. I will make the switch when I move.

SeasonsLater
    Participant

I took Mr. G advice and went digital with my indoor setup which worked quite well.  The rest of the house…not so well.  These were from my outdoor but Mr. G wanted to see the full plant and buds so this is all I could get out of my cell phone.  It has been a rainy weekend for sure…

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Beautiful plant! Nice big chunky buds.

SeasonsLater
    Participant

I presume that means she is good to go to harvest.  I wound up harvesting her today.  I did a wet trim followed by a bud wash.

First bin was hydrogen peroxide 2 cups to 10 gal – 1 min agitating and flipping

second bin was 1 cup of fresh lemon juice(yes I squeezed them lmao) and 1 cup baking soda to 10 gal.  15 to 30 seconds depending on what surfaces agitating and flipping

Last bin was 10gal of filtered water – 10 t0 20 seconds with visual inspections

They are sitting out of a dry tent as they need to dry a bit.  I have the room at 65 running at 58% RH and Dewpoint 53.4%

I cut off about 25 buts with botrytis and was excessively liberal, and I had a spot light and inspected each branch while wet trimming looking for any gray or molds.  This plant has less bugs on it then the ones in my grow tent I put in 8+ weeks back.  budwashingstation

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.