Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! How do you lower ppm before harvest

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Frasole
    Participant

I’m growing Girl Scout Cookies in fox farm soil. I have two plants with two weeks left before harvest. The ppm levels are 2460 and 1560. What do I do to lower ppm

CamZ

Only way is to flush with low ppm water. A significant amount of it.

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

How does the plant look? You might be able to just ride it out if the plant is fine since you’re so close to harvest. But if you think it needs a flush, go for it.

Frasole
    Participant

I flushed them.  5 gallon material pots with 10 gallons of tap water. Ppm lowered to 348 and 256. Both plants look exhausted. Before the flush they were standing up and now they are leaning.

Frasole
    Participant

Girl Scout Cookies in 5 gallon pots where flushed with 10 gallons of tap water only. Three days later I fed them their nutrients which consist of – Big Bloom 3 tsp…..Bud & Bloom 1 tsp…..PK Boost 1/4 tsp. These are all lowered measurements. After feeding them the PPM was 886 and 729. Am I doing it right. do I continue to lower the nutrients until harvest or do I continue with the same measurements. They look exhausted after the flush and the buds seem to get smaller and the potent smell went away. Also the trichomes are still clear. Thank You! Please let me know what to do.

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

After the flush I’d give it several days to help the soil get to a better moisture level. Often times after flushing, the plant will droop; this is due to too much moisture in the medium causing a lack of oxygen in the root zone. But if you give it time, it should bounce back.

To answer your question about lowering the nutrients before harvest. This is a highly debated topic. Some people will try to lower the PPM as much as possible while others will say that’s bro-science and you can feed all the way until the end. When I use synthetic nutrients, I’m usually cutting off nutrients 1-2 weeks before harvest depending on how the plants looks. Can you post a pic so we can see how your plant looks?

Frasole
    Participant

Frasole
    Participant

The plant on the left was topped. The right was left as is so I can see the difference.

Frasole
    Participant

Frasole
    Participant

The measurements are teaspoons.

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

By the looks of  them and the fact you mention the trichomes are still clear, I personally wouldn’t have flushed. Did you flush because the plant was having issues or did you flush because you feel you will be harvesting them in 2 weeks (like you mentioned in your past post)?

Frasole
    Participant

I flushed them bc the PPM was too high with two weeks before harvest.  But I’m gonna go with what you mentioned, ride it out until their ready. I’m lowering the PPM until the trichomes get cloudy and then harvest. I’m still not sure if I should stop the feeding and just go with straight water. You were right about the moisture in the soil. Both plants are not taking the same amount of water. A lot more water is coming out in the trays as if I was watering thru rocks. I’m on my 4th day without watering and the plants look livelier. Thank you and let me know what I should do to make sure it comes out right.

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Sorry for the delayed response; I was away for a week. Looking at their condition and seeing many of the leaves already faded or mostly dead, I think you’d be safe keeping the PPM 1000-1600 until harvest.

Frasole
    Participant

We all need a break. It’s not easy what your juggling. Family, work and Blog. Now back to the blog, lol. I’m watering without nutrients and the PPM now are 344/1260. Is it safe to continue with water only. I’m just waiting for the trichomes to get cloudy. Both plants are Auto but they are way past harvest. Harvest was suppose to be at 10 weeks but I’m at 13 weeks now and 6 weeks of flower. Thank you!

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Are you sure they didn’t mean 10 weeks of flower? Hard to tell you if water-only is fine right now; the last pic you posted a half month ago looks like the plants had several more weeks to go. How do the plants look now? Got an updated pic?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.