Skip to main content
  • This topic has 25 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by 4Boyz.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    smittyj83
    Participant

Hi,

can anyone help with this Mephisto autoflower?  This is the second time that I am running into this issue during early flower. I just watered on Saturday with compost tea and I plan on watering again in a day or two. The leaves look healthy but obviously it is not happy. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

CamZ

Looks a bit magnesium deficient from the picture. Not overwatering are you?

CamZ

If it was nitrogen it would be worse at the bottom. Seems like it’s the whole plant.

smittyj83
    Participant

I don’t think it’s overwatering. I give it about 1.5 gallons every 4-5 days. I could be magnesium. If it is what could be a good source to add to my next watering?

CamZ

Epsom salt. 1 tbsb per gallon.

smittyj83
    Participant

Does this show you more? I added the epsom salt today

smittyj83
    Participant

CamZ

Wait a couple days and see what happens.

smittyj83
    Participant

I will. I also did raise my light a bit just in case. It’s so weird that I am having these issues with only Mephisto genetics. All my other plants love the environment and medium. Very strange. Thank you for your reply!

smittyj83
    Participant

They are actually perking up a bit after 1 1/2 days of the epsom  might not seem like it but in person it looks like some life has been lifted

CamZ

Glad to hear it! They do look a bit more perky.

smittyj83
    Participant

What do you think about it now? It seemed like the Magnesium did work a bit, but now it seems like it is in desperate need of something else. Please let me know your thoughts?

CamZ

https://images.app.goo.gl/nYYQeeoQxwtgQWUe9

Take a look at this. It’s often hard to tell things from a picture, especially when it doesn’t capture things up close, or the whole plant. Review this carefully and see if anything stands out to you. Feel that you actually have a couple deficiencies/imbalances at once. Sorry for the delayed response. If you want to bounce ideas off me and get feedback then you certainly can. I have a couple thoughts on the issue but I’m not really able to get the full picture of what’s going on if that makes sense. For instance, it appears to be worse on one side of the plant. In my mind that’s a root problem. The cause of it is difficult to discern. Could be poor drainage on that side, uneven ammendment application, compacted soil, etc.

CamZ

Honestly, the papery chlorosis looks like a symptom of soil being too wet, which was why I asked before.

smittyj83
    Participant

Hi, thanks for getting back. The plant seems to have this issue all over. I just lifted the pot and it feels very light so I imagine there is not much water left in the pot. Here is an updated pic. I wish I had some idea to bring to the table, but I am clueless. I am mixing up a compost tea right now and adding glacial rock dust for calcium along with worm castings and recharge. I’m hoping the calcium might work, but honestly have no idea. From the link you sent and from what I have seen it may look like Calcium. I am running RO water and have not added cal mag to it until recently. So my other idea is that I maybe started adding it too late. I am noticing my super healthy mephisto now has one leaf that is starting to show similar symptoms. Does any of that sound like a good idea? 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.