Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! Temperature, feeding schedule,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gotcha1297
    Participant

My first grow and I’m not sure on a few things my temperature is too high right now it’s sitting at 34° Or 96°F I’ve got a extraction fan and have turned my bulbs down to 400w and opened vents on tent in hopes to get the temperature back down but so far no luck,

also another question how often should I be feeding my plants I’ve just set the clones into a bigger pot and and gave them a good water but just wondering how often I should give them a feed and if it’s worth getting a auto watering system

gotcha1297
    Participant

Follow up I’ve got it down to 89°F but isn’t moving from there that’s ever with a split system running in the room

CamZ

You really want to get below 87f. That’s the highest you want to see before there is real stress involved. I’m guessing you are running hps or cmh since you said bulb. Best you can do in that aspect is get an led. Aside from that, you can remove the driver/balast from the tent and put it on the outside. They also sell venting hoods for hps that help remove excess heat. Personally I wouldn’t invest in one unless you have no other option. Lastly, try opening up the ventilation socks on your tent if you’re in veg. You can move the tent closer to the split unit. Another important factor is humidity. If your humidity in the tent is too low then the air can’t “grab” the heat to remove it. Water vapor absorbs heat. Getting the humidity to proper levels for your stage of growth can lower temperature significantly.  If you are in flower then you can add a 4inch flex duct to one of the holes and cover the end with a cloth to block light.

For clones, you can feed them every watering with synthetics (I assume that’s what you have). Make sure you aren’t mixing the ppms to strong though. If you see signs of toxcicity then give them plain water next time and then resume feeding at a lower ppm/ec.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.