Skip to main content
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Marko in MD
    Participant

This is the same Orange Bud from previous post…

Well big learning point this morning…be careful when pulling limbs down for LST!! They didn’t split completely off, only about half way, so both stems where still attached. As you can see, I used some plastic wrap to pull the two back together and secure it.

I planned to flip her to flower next Sunday, but thinking I should give her a week or two to recover.

Thoughts please, thank you

Marko in MD
    Participant

This is the Orange Bud about 6 hours after the repair. So far so good but tomorrow morning I’m guessing we’ll know for sure.

CamZ

You are fine as long as it split down the middle. You should wait a week to be safe though, as you said. You’d know within the hour if it was a real problem, the leaves would go limp and not recover. Happens to the best of us!

Marko in MD
    Participant

Thank you CamZ, she still looks good so I got lucky. Going to keep it wrapped until harvest and will make sure the net helps support those limbs. Thank you again!

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

I’m glad she’s still looking good after the split! I’ve split stems more times than I can count lol. Luckily most have recovered without issues

Marko in MD
    Participant

I’ll be more careful on the next one, thanks. Here she is this morning after a feeding yesterday morning. Plan on flipping to flower in a week and have been very slowly increasing the light intensity ever few days to get to where I need it to be for flower. 

Marko in MD
    Participant

Sunday 16 July 2023 switched to 12/12 light at 100% power 18″up. This is today…still strong and looking good. Looking forward to the first flowers to show!

Marko in MD
    Participant

Orange Bud trimmed up. You can see the trunk repair now

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Coming along pretty good! I know cameras can be deceiving but is that interveinal chlorosis?

Marko in MD
    Participant

I think I see what you are seeing, and it does look worse in the picture than in real life. Today was feeding day so hoping that fixes things. Orange Bud

Marko in MD
    Participant

Marko in MD
    Participant

I am still using only the half of GH recommended doses of the 3 part system…added listed doses to 2 gal of rain water instead of 1 gal. Light is 100% 18 inches above canopy. Changed to 12/12 light schedule a week ago.

Marko in MD
    Participant

Just harvested this plant and wanted to show what the split looked like after all this time. She grafted back together just fine!

CamZ

Congratulations on making it to harvest!

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Good to see it healed up just fine. Congrats on your harvest!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.