Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! Run Off Water Test Question/Leaf Tips Yellowing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Marko in MD
    Participant

These are the results of the run off water on the Orange Bud strain currently in a 3 gal pot using Happy Frog soil with perlite added. Nutrients are GH 3 part using only half recommended dosage every watering after soil is dry which is about every four to five days. Last watering was Saturday 17 June, PH was 6.19, with a EC of 0.5 so I added second dose of nutrients bringing EC to 0.8 which I read is minimum needed during Veg stage.  Have been noticing yellow leave tips since last week, thinking I over fertilized it, used only clean rain water this morning.

She’s the only plant in a 2×4 tent using a sf2000 set at 60%,  28″ above plant on a 18/6 cycle. The SF inline exhaust fan is inside and at the top of the tent on high which is ducted to the outside of the house. I have two 6″ clip on fans, one at the top oscillating (set on 2 of 10) blowing across the top of the plant, and the second at the bottom of the tent stationary set on 1 of 10. There is a temp controlled heater with fan on the floor pointed away from plant as the tent is in my basement.

Average temp inside tent is 72f with a RH of 53%. Humidity goes up to 60% at night when light is off, so working on that!

Rain Water: PPM-0.0 Temp-70.3f EC-0.0 PH-5.70

14 cups water in, 2 cups run out: PPM- 790 Temp-68f EC-1.6 PH-5.64

Still trying to figure it out, what do I need to do next? Was planning to transplant to final 7gal pot soon, but don’t want to stress her out.

Thanks, Mark

Marko in MD
    Participant

CamZ

I think you are okay. That’s so marginal I wouldn’t even worry about it. I think you are right, they were probably slightly overfertalized.

Marko in MD
    Participant

Thank you! I’m still learning to read the leaves, and the curled edge of that one fan leaf and all the yellow tips was concerning so I wasn’t sure if it was light or nutrients, but was thinking it was nutrients.

Planning on transplanting her to final 7 gal pot in a couple days, then the next watering I’ll go back to my half measurements of nutrients. I hear of growers with this light at 80% and 18-24 inches up, which is not where I have mine. The seed bank posted “for best results, the recommended lighting is a minimum of 600W HPS/LED”. Based on the SF spec sheet, my light is only 500w HPS, so should it be turned up?

She is in week 6 of veg, any thoughts of my lighting height or power setting based on what the plant looks like? Orange Bud veg week 6

Marko in MD
    Participant

Transplanted the Orange Bud into a 7 gal pot from a 3 gal today. Today is week 6 of Veg, seed bank says plant can reach 42″, and it’s currently 18″. Flipping her to flower in two weeks, then 7 or 8 weeks of flower.

Marko in MD
    Participant

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Everything looks good! Looks like she was ready for transplant seeing that healthy root ball. Your SF2000 is going to be fine for that space so don’t worry there. Wattage is a measurement of energy consumption and it’s what everyone used to go by back in the day. These days everyone looks at the PAR which is shown as PPF and PPFD. If you’re not sure what those are, I made a video on it 3 years ago explaining the basics. Here’s a link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGZjDGWvhN0

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions and keep up the good work!

Marko in MD
    Participant

Thank you Chris, I do remember that one now and will go back to rewatch. Notice I added to the trellis net which came with the tent. I remember from your video with Troy “Northern Scrogger” about 8 months ago and used some masonry line  to make the holes smaller…great tip!!

ps Also a cat guy…currently fostering 6 plus a few of our own 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.