Skip to main content
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    reflux1
    Participant

why do i constantly see people leave so much yellow leaves  left on the plants near the finish,  i have always thought the reason for letting the plants grow towards the end, is to fully compleate the last part of the grow cycle,  and with yellow leaves shading the remainder buds this would slow and impede the speed of this last stage of the grow cycle to fully finish,  atleased slow it a bit,  plant parts they need light to finish,  the more light on the buds the more growth the more growth the faster it takes to finish

now i know these yellow leaves help protect buds  and the resin glands from rubbing,  but with carful handling, thats another story

only other thing i can think  is this is just a flushing step and these crops i see everware, have all ready fully compleated there grow cycle and are simply waiting for nutes to leave

am i the only grower on the planet that cuts off yellow leaves

CamZ

Even though a leaf is yellow the vacuoles are not depleted. In my opinion, the yellow leaves are left on to allow the plants to draw on the reserves in those leaves to prevent yellowing of the buds. Another key reason is that the plants have to close wounds up when you pluck leaves and still create stress hormones related to being “fed” on. Creating weakness can allow pathogens to take hold. Plants are basically 85 year olds at this point. Anything could take them out.  Truly dead leaves shrivel and die. The plant simply blocks the sap flow through the leaf when it has finished with it. For many people it is just a sign that the plant is ready for harvest and looks pretty.

reflux1
    Participant

thanks man, you explaind that great,  learned some thing that i have never new about,  i will leave those yellow leaves next time,  and the time to remove them, is when they are dead, seald up, and  drained of there nutes.

reflux1
    Participant

with the nutes gone i guess there are still sugars sap and othere reserves as well not just nutes

CamZ

Exactly right.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.