Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! Recommended curing size tent for a 4×4

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    SeasonsLater
    Participant

Quick one here I have to cure my harvest in a separate tent to control odor throughout home.  For a 4×4 flower tent say approx. 3 to 4 plants, what size tent would be good for curing?  Trying to stick with AC infinity, thanks in advance.

CamZ

Are you hanging whole or cutting branches?

SeasonsLater
    Participant

Ideally, would like to hang whole.  But also open to cutting branches.  I am new so if you could provide a solution and some primary reasons for recommendations that would be helpful!

CamZ

A 2×4 is the best bet for you then. 2 in top zone, 2 or 3 in the bottom. Takes up the least amount of space for what you want.

You could cut branches and pack a 2×2 if money is an issue though.

SeasonsLater
    Participant

Thank you, that was a good explanation and I will be ordering one for the harvest hopefully coming soon!

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Do you actually mean dry instead of cure? If so, 4 plants could fit in a 2×4 grow tent depending on the size of the plants.

SeasonsLater
    Participant

Yes due to smell restrictions I need to complete the entire process in the tent.  Also can you recommend some form of air purifier to use while trimming as there is no way I can fit in a 2×4 tent =)

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

I used to use EnviroKlenz but their customer service is horrendous so I can’t recommend them anymore. I don’t use any air purifier anymore so I don’t have any suggestions for you. Sorry I can’t be of more help here. Maybe someone else can recommend one that they use.

SeasonsLater
    Participant

I have already had purchased the T4 with the carbon filter in preparations for curing the harvest.  I wonder if I left it running on 1 or 2 or a schedule it would probably scrub the air just as effectively as or primary concern which is odor during flowering cycle.  I recall one of your videos someone had mentioned but I forget which one…

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Tough to tell you for sure but you can try to use a carbon filter. Another thing you can do while trimming to reduce the smell is make the room cold. The higher the temp, the more terpenes will volatize which results in greater smell in the air. That won’t completely kill the smell but it should reduce it a little. Although, when you’re trimming you’ll be inadvertently rupturing trichomes so that’ll make things smell also. How about a fan in the window blowing all the smell outside? lol

SeasonsLater
    Participant

@Camz coming back to this question.  Money is not an issue but space is more of a concern and drying and curing the process is the ultimate goal.  Do you think a 2×2 will be able to regulate much differently from where it will be stored?

CamZ

I’m not sure I understand the question correctly. Are you asking if the dry tent will be a good place to store it after it is in its curing container?

SeasonsLater
    Participant

I ended up getting the Gorilla shorty 2X30 with extension kit.  I think that should suffice for 4 to 6 plants coming in hot in the coming weeks…  I plan on hooking up a internal fan and a T4 with carbon filter on output.  I will be doing this in the garage which should stay right around 60-70 and then I will just need to dial in the the humidity levels.  Fingers crossed!!

pablo

CamZ

Cool. Glad you got it sorted.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.