Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! Post-harvest (and only) runoff test

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rama777
    Participant

Yo! After 16 and a half weeks I crossed the finish line for the first time, woohoo! Thank you guys so much for your support!

I wanted to do a runoff test at the end to see what was up.

I’ve only checked one pot so far. This one had no nitrogen defficeincy to speak of. The pH was fine, as I suspected. The runoff ppm in organic soil was 1700.

Curious if that is a good number or what it could possibly tell me with respect to my feedings?

CamZ

For an organic grow with actual soil it can be difficult to ascertain the actual ppms in your medium. I would use that information as a guideline rather than fact. If you subtract your input water ppm from that number it should give you a relatively close number to the ppms in your soil, but an ec meter measures electrical conductivity. Things that aren’t necessarily plant food can alter readings.

They make tests to tell you your npk levels in a relative sense. Either that or a soil test is going to be your best bet at balancing for the next grow. That’s really extreme though. Most people just mix in a top blend and fire off new seeds.

Whatever route you go, congrats on finishing the grow! Hope you stay active on the forum.

rama777
    Participant

Thanks man! I actually was not planning to use the soil again for the indoor grows. I’ll keep it in a bin and use it for my pepper and tomato seedlings when they’re ready to be transplanted up. I think it will be fine for that. This year I’ll be growing about 400 pepper plants and maybe 150 tomato plants :))

CamZ

That’s a whole lot of space. I wish you luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.