Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! Plants having zero effect and the taste is way off!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RADCHADDABZ
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I have grown 4 plants so far of which I press into rosin and 2 of them had zero effect whatsoever… What am I doing wrong? The plants are covered in trichomes and smell absolutely amazing. I use floraflex nutrients and all of my plants were grown a couple of weeks past the recommended time while I watched the trichomes closely till they reached the cloudy to amber ratio that I like… So I know I didn’t harvest to soon.  Also none of my plants taste the way weed should taste. It honestly reminds me of the way corn tortillas smell if that makes any sense. This is super discouraging and I dont want to start my next grow till I figure this out so any help or ideas would be appreciated…</p>

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Oh wow that’s a bummer. What cultivars were they? Maybe they were actually CBD strains?  How did you dry? How did you cure? At what point did you smoke after harvest?

RADCHADDABZ
    Participant

The first it happened to was a Bruce Banner auto and the second was a Black Domina photoperiod.  Both seeds came from MSNL. I dried for 10 days in my tent with the Drytent chandeliers humidity kept @ 60% with Temps in the high 60s. Im curing in amber mason jars. Humidity was right were you recommend for it to be in your book. I put a boost humidity pack in to maintain the humidity. I pressed and smoked some the day I put in jars and then again a couple of weeks later and still zero head change.

CamZ

I’m not going to say everything from msnl is mids, but I ordered from them often when I first got started and concluded that that company isn’t the best. Their free seeds always threw bananas for me and most of the strain I tried were a hard miss from the advertised genotype. How long were they in flower?

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Sounds like you’re doing the dry and cure correctly. That’s very strange that there is no effect for you. Do you have a super high tolerance or what? lol. I used MSNL for many years and never had any issues like that. Might be time to try out some new genetics

RADCHADDABZ
    Participant

Both were grown a couple weeks past recommended time… I did notice that the 2 strains that had zero effect didn’t match what was advertised on MSNL @ all…

I don’t feel like I have a high tolerance Chris… Im almost always good after a 2 hit dab…

Anyways thanks for talking with me about this; I do appreciate it… I’m goin to try out some Mephisto Genetics then and see how it goes…

RADCHADDABZ
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Do you know what could be the cause of all 4 of the plants not tasting one bit like weed even tho the terps are super potent? Since it’s all 4 of them I feel like it’s gotta be something I’m doing wrong…</p>

CamZ

If they smelled strong before dry and cure then that has to be where the issue is. Btw most people try to avoid putting in humidity packs until after cure. The only thing I can think of is that you are overdrying them and then somehow rehydrating them. You don’t run an ozone generator do you? Baking soda in the tent? Anything like that?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.