Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! Next Generation Fem Seed Run

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CamZ

Figure it’s been a while so I’d post one of the things I have going on at the moment. I’m in the second generation of making crosses. I’m selfing the keeper pheno of Strawberry Candy I have grown out a few times now to get seed stock from that. Additionally, I have my keeper from the 24 plant pheno hunt I did last time, which was a cross of Strawberry Candy and Wedding Cake. I threw 2 more seeds in the mix that were Cherry Shylock crossed with Wedding Cake.

About 3 weeks into flower and the pollen sacks on my reversed female are about to drop pollen in the next few days. The sts spray caused some odd leaf yellowing, I’m thinking the silver is prohibiting the absorption of iron and zinc possibly. Doesn’t matter either way as I’m done spraying it and will be killing it after it performs its task.

I can’t wait to see what I get out of the wedding cake×Strawberry candy that I’m backcrossing. Also excited to get rid of this mom once I have some fem seeds of my keeper. Going to do a seed run after to see what I end up with. I’m very happy with the structure of my cross keeper and hope I can maintain that in the backcross. Sooner then most would backcross, but I don’t want to stray too far away from the genetic of my keeper pheno.

I’m working on getting this run straight in my main tent. I have made a crazy amount of upgrades to the space and am excited to share them. In the future I will also be upgrading my dwc containers, which are currently totes, to coolers. The main reason for this is to preserve water temps for longer periods of time without needing the chiller to operate. If anyone is interested I may do a writeup on that. It will essentially be an entire rebuild of the system and I can cover all the upgrades I have found useful throughout the process.

I’m sitting on some Chill Out Og rosin thanks to Chris. I have been waiting for the peak pro I ordered in mid December to arrive so I can try it. It’s been killing me to just sit on it. Cream City Vapes is fucked right now, do not recommend them. I have waited this long and they say it’s set to ship on the 17th but we’ll see about that. Anyway, hope everyone is doing well. Peace.

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Lots of exciting things going on for you! I can’t wait for you to try out the Chill Out OG but makes perfect sense for you to wait for the new piece so you can enjoy the flavor more. Cheers bro!

jd187
    Participant

That’s definitely above my pay grade lol. I am a soil junkie. Those children look super healthy! Awesome job so far

CamZ

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.