Skip to main content
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bfitzpatrix
    Participant

NEWBIE HERE but not brand new to growing. Been growing for about 1.5 years.

First off- Mr. Grow it is a great source for me! I learned all the basics from YouTube and the garden talk podcast. I listen to it daily and learn something new each time. New to this forum (did not even know it existed really). Trying to gain some more knowledge and try to help out wherever I can chime in and provide some guidance.

I have a 4 x 2 MARS HYDRO TSL2000

Got 2 photos and 3 autos going now

Got a 20/4 light cycle going.

I use organic amendments — Gaia Green and Coast of Maine top dressing mainly (444 and Stonington Blend /Bud Bloom). Use Mycho as soil drench and root ball dip (and sprinkling into transplant hole and root ball). I do not use synthetic nutrients.

The autos are all flowering so they will be done in 3 weeks prob

Once the autos are out, then I can veg the photos some more then flip the lights to flower the photos

My plan is to get the photos nice and big to take up space (I have a 4×2 so I want the whole thing filled up).

My issue right now is that the one photo I have is in 10-gallon fabric w soil. Happy Frog and FFOF mixed together. I am LST ing it big time. I have it so it is growing bushy and wide. It is since 11/13 so basically 2 months in veg now. It does not seem to be growing vertically as much as other plants I have grown and what other people grow (like on YouTube or wherever I see videos).

Anyone have any experience with this? Or any opinion?

Just curious as to what people think.

CamZ

Welcome! I’m not entirely sure I understand your question. It sounds like you are creating tons of tops with all the LST. The plant splits it’s hormone development once the “true top” is lost. If you continue with LST it will keep growing horizontal until you stop. The hormone tells the tallest part of the plant that it needs to reach as high as it can. More tops of equal height=less of that hormone for each top because the plant can only biologically produce a certain amount.

It really just sounds like a genetic trait of that strain. Were you expecting it to grow taller based on breeder information?

Bfitzpatrix
    Participant

Yes! That is the question– I have created multiple tops by spreading the branches outward rather than allowing them to grow vertically.

I have stopped spreading the branches out and now am just allowing it to reach toward the light and begin growing up- maybe I just need to give it some more time.

The strain has specs about its growth but that is most likely not factoring in all the LST performed so I cannot really rely on that to base my assumption.

I am just going to let it grow (trying to veg it for 2 more months) and let it naturally grow toward the lights

It looks totally healthy. Praying nice green leaves. No noticeable deficiencies.

I am going to let it go and hopefully it will grow up toward the light.

I was just seeing if anyone had any thoughts or opinions.

Thank you!!

CamZ

No problem. I imagine with 2 more months it will reach the light just fine lol. Glad your grow is going well. Look forward to seeing you in the responses. Not to many people answering questions on here and the help is always appreciated.

Bfitzpatrix
    Participant
    1. I appreciate the help man thank you!!
      I plan to let it veg out for like 4 months then flip it and flower it
    2. hoping it will be huge!!

thanks man!

CamZ

Keep us updated. Would love to see pictures of a 6 month old plant when it nears the end 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.