Skip to main content
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Marko in MD
    Participant

This is the same Orange Bud grow from the “Split Main Stems…” and “Deformed First Leaves” posts…

This is the worse spot and most the other holes are clean, but looks like some build up which might be causing the interveinal chlorosis damage on the leaves? Partial lock out causing the deficiencies?

Last feeding was Sunday the 23rd using GH feeding schedule for Early Bloom Week 5  in 1.5 Gallons (not 1 gal as they suggest) of rain water. PH of feed water was 6.05 with water temp of 72f.

She’s in a 7 gal plastic pot using HF soil with perlite added. Been on a 12/12 light cycle since the 16 July with a SF2000 at 100% 18″ above canopy in a 2×4 tent. Leaving the tent flap open to maintain an air temp of 72f  and RH of 39%

Marko in MD
    Participant

Orange Bud 26 July 2023

Marko in MD
    Participant

Marko in MD
    Participant

Better pic

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

What is the pH and PPM of the soil runoff?

Marko in MD
    Participant

The one time I forget to write it down…

Since I don’t have those numbers at time of feeding, I just used rainwater with a PH of 6.5, EC 0.0, PPM 0.0 and poured very slowly at two spots close to each other along the front inside edge of the pot until I had enough to measure come out the bottom. Output PH 5.23, EC 1.4, PPM 720.

Looks like I have a build up…next step please, and thank you

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

What exactly do you mean when you say you have a “build up”? Also, you mention you’re using GH nutrient lineup; was the last feeding still on the 23rd or have you fed since then? For a plant that size, many would deem 720ppm as being on the lower side and a feeding could help the plant bounce back. Also, some may say the pH of 5.23 is a bit on the low side and that could be impacting nutrient uptake. But you watering in at 6.5 pH should be fine.

Marko in MD
    Participant

Hi Chris, Thanks for the response

I saw what I thought looked like salt building up around the holes in the pot. My last feeding was the 23rd, but the soil was still slightly damp at the lower holes on the 28th yesterday morning so I was afraid to add more. Sorry, I only did a very isolated pour through just to see what numbers came up when I first posted. I did a full flushing of the soil this morning using rain water with PH 6.56, EC 0.0 and PPM 0.0  Run off was:  PH 4.7 , EC 2.1 and PPM 1060. I’ll get the PH back up to 6.0 and maintain the other two numbers as is on the run off, and I should be ok, right?

With the EC and PPM where they are currently, she shouldn’t need more nutrients, correct, or am I totally thinking this wrong? Should I be using the full amounts as listed on the bottle now?

PS: I have a in the soil PH and moisture probe tester ordered 🙂

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Sorry for the lack of response here. I assume you’ve already figured it out by now but I’ll still answer. When you see salt buildup, whether around the holes like you have or it’s often seen around the soil-line in the grow pot, it doesn’t automatically mean there is a problem and that a flush is required. pH and EC measurements will give you a better idea of direction – so I’m glad you were able to get those measurements.

The pH of 4.7 you mention is low and that may be what is causing a lack of nutrient uptake. EC is about right for the stage of growth and size of the plant; some may go a bit higher but it’s debatable.

It’s been about 12 days since your last post; how is the plant looking now?

Marko in MD
    Participant

Hey Chris, no worries, yes I think I have her figured out. I fed yesterday PH 6.8 with PPM 1200 and had PH 5.7 and PPM 980 on the run off. I’ll up those numbers a bit on the next feed and hopefully we’ll be where she needs to be. Should I use PH 7.0 PPM 0.0 water only first to see what the numbers are, then feed with the needed adjustments? Sunday I’ll start trimming off some of those excess leaves to open up the bud sites underneath. Any suggestions on trimming at this stage or anything else, or am I doing ok? I think she’s looking pretty good now.

Marko in MD
    Participant

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Nice recovery! I’m so happy to see that. To answer your questions:

Question: “Should I use PH 7.0 PPM 0.0 water only first to see what the numbers are, then feed with the needed adjustments?”
    I would just feed in a mixture that I think would get me to the 1000-1600 PPM range. I like that range for flowering.

Question: “Any suggestions on trimming at this stage or anything else, or am I doing ok?”
    I wouldn’t take much off her right now. What day of flower are you on? Maybe a few leaves in the middle of the canopy so light can get down in like you mention, and that will help with air flow through the plant as well.

Very nice job!

Marko in MD
    Participant

Thanks Chris, Sunday will be 21 days of flower, I flipped her 26 days ago but didn’t see the start of flowering for about a week, so that’s when I started counting flowering days. I’m waiting for the soil to dry out before I feed again, then I’ll get the PPM number up and keep her around 6.5 PH.

I’ll post pictures again in a week,

Thanks!

Marko in MD
    Participant

Updated picture with the second net I just added to help with support. 

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Looking great! I’m so happy to see she bounced back for you and is now swelling up nicely!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.