Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! Maybe light burn close to harvest

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    GrowCrow
    Participant

Hey hey,

This is my second grow (and I’ve learned a ton through this grow that I will implement next grow).

Im at the end of my grow (auto, super lemon haze) I’m not sure what week.  (I will journal next grow)

I believe I’ve got a combo of light burn, and nute issues really close to harvesting. Looks also like fox tailing? And more pistals are forming. Idk if I should just harvest now even though I don’t think there’s any amber tri, but all cloudy I think.

any help would be great thanks!

GrowCrow
    Participant

GrowCrow
    Participant

GrowCrow
    Participant

CamZ

You have a couple issues I can see from the pictures. You are right, there are some nutrient issues. You have nitrogen toxcicity and a potassium deficiency or a lockout. Is there any other info you can give? Ppm? Nutrients? Anything of the sort.

It’s hard to give advice on so little info.

GrowCrow
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I don’t know ppm. I’m in ocean forest, using fox farm trio. Ph is 6 when I water, and I have a soil meter that says the ph is at 6 as well. I did a bunch of rookie mistakes early on (too much water/nutes) I think and feel lucky I got this far.</p>
    but at this stage should I try to fix the deficiency? Will it be anymore potent?

reflux1
    Participant

how many plants do you have , looks like one in fine, is there any changes in the mix from plant to plant, any changes at all

GrowCrow
    Participant

I just have the two plants. Both fed the same and in 40%RH 72f. Differences are the one that looks a little worse is in a bigger pot, and it had a different LED light that was hanging a little closer. (I didn’t understand PAR yet, why that one got burnt and not the other one).
    Any guesses on how close I am to harvest?

reflux1
    Participant

im not sure what your mix is,  as i live in another country, but i would flush,  back of with nutes a bit, and run a ph with the nutes a bit higher to about a ph of 6.5 i have seen some problems start with some strains at just under a ph 6 and with a ph of soil is 6  and ph of nute water is ph 6  the soil will go noware but down

CamZ

Based on your pictures and the fact that you said all trichomes are cloudy, I would guess you are within the 2 week window from harvest. I would cut nutrients entirely at this point and do a minor flush to try and get rid of some of that nitrogen. The nitrogen is what will really make your plants harsh. Excess nitrogen will create an overabundance of chlorophyll, leading to harsh smoke. That might be light burn, but the pattern doesn’t seem right to me. The very top of the one plant may have experienced a bit of light stress based on the foxtailing and yellow sugar leaves, but the lower fans are likely another issue. It sounds like you aren’t using nutrients, just a premix. Correct?

GrowCrow
    Participant

I’m using fox farm trio. And in all honesty, I barely know what im doing.  Still trying to learn and figure out the nutes for my next attempt.

i will take your advice and try to do a light flush properly. I just ordered a ppm reader to help.

thanks everyone for taking the time to help a newbie out.

GrowCrow
    Participant

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.