Skip to main content
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

I use a lux meter at the canopy level and 45,000 to 60,000 lux, time it by 0.015, always try keep the canopy between 675 and 900

between the leds and the canopy, there does seem to be a blanket of warm air  with lower humidity, so this can cause the fan leaves to die off faster than the lower canopy, its not a bad thing because the lower bud sites receive more airflow and light.

TBH if you wait until 60% of the trichomes are amber, could be 9-14 weeks in flower, would most of the fan leaves/ sugar leaves really remain green and healthy?

CamZ

I moved your response because it was starting to get off topic from the ops questions.

It is normal for fan leaves to fade and turn yellow or even purple when the plant is canabilizing its own tissues when nutrient levels drop. The sugar leaves should not be turning yellow though.

Removing leaves for greater airflow and light penetration is entirely different than having leaf burning. The leaf serrations and tips of every leaf I saw in his pictures were brown, even curling upward, which is a sign of nutrient burn, light burn, or a severe ph problem.

Mark
    Participant

Your right, all the fan sugar leaves could have been burnt, a picture of the full canopy would have giving us a better idea, I have see so many growers trying to fix miner problems and this has often lead to more harm than good.

For example you could flush the roots get to get any build up out of the roots, often some water is left in the trays, the humidity will rise(risk of bud rot) could take a week for the soil to dry out, the grower may still water the plant in a few days and this can lead to root rot, so often I say cut back on the feed, your plants look great don’t worry.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.