Skip to main content

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Kbizz
    Participant

Need help seeing if I could keep my l e d light for half the day only And then Only leaving the blue red spectrum light during night time? (6am to 11am all lights are off) Led Lights than come on at  11am to 11pm after 11pm I’m keeping the blue red spectrum light ONLY on until 6am) im in the flowering stage about 2 3 weeks in but noticed some burning going on and want to make sure its not the light thats to close or wind burn tonight is my first try attempting to see what happens any help or tips would be great thank you ! I did notice yellowing burned tips on the top mostly were its effected. Is this okay for my plants?

Kbizz
    Participant

Yellowing and tip burn

CamZ

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Can you go over everything you just said and refine it. It’s very confusing. You said 12pm to 12pm which is 24 hours. You also said you are trying to run lights for all but 5 hours in flower. Are you running autos? If not, you need to be running 12 hours of light and 12 hours of complete darkness. Having trouble following.</p>

Kbizz
    Participant

Yeah no problem and thanks for getting back to me! Let me start off by saying I’m very new to the growing game I recently had my first photo plants harvest and it came out great no issues the whole way.

This time i decided to do autos to experience them as well. I have 3 autos in one tent the strains 2 cookies and 1 Northern Lights and they are about a bit past half the tent in height.

I have two lights inside the tent one is full led mars hydro light and the other is a older blue and red spectrum light they sit half and half of the tent and are now at the very top with nomore room.

My light schedule is 18/5

From 6:00am to 11:00am they are off

From 11:00am to 6:00am they are on

Just last week i noticed on both cookie strains that yellowing was occurring from the top bud hairs and leafs from thinking it was a nutrient burn I stopped feeding nutrients and kept it just clean water with ph of 6 to 7 this week its gotten worse looked a bit burnt from the leaves now and more yellowing of the leaves.

I’m assuming it’s ethier light burn or wind burn I did have the fans kinda high since i live in Vegas.

my question is really to rule out if it’s light burn

can I have the Mars hydro on just during the day until about 10pm night time and than turn it off and just keep the blue and red spectrum light for the rest of the time until they go to sleep will that effect them in a negative way?

And will this even help me figure out if it is light burn coming from the mars hydro ? I’m assuming the blur red spectrum light doesn’t give out as much heat as the mars hydro light

Sorry if I don’t make sense trying my best to explain what’s going on lol

Kbizz
    Participant

Today's pic of GSC

Kbizz
    Participant

Blue red light

Kbizz
    Participant

CamZ

Ok. Got it. Yes, if you suspect light burn is the cause any reduction in light exposure will help rectify the issue. Despite popular belief, autoflowers can’t generally handle being pushed as hard as photos.

Light burn and heat burn aren’t always the same thing. Personally, I would drop the intensity of the lights by 25% rather than adjust the light schedule. With no ability to do that, my second option would be to lower the number of hours of exposure on both lights.

Your plan could work, but it seems like extra work.

Kbizz
    Participant

Sounds good ! Yeah I think I was just being to tough on em at first  looks like now it’s starting to go away with timers I set so it’s not to bad thank you for the help and response much love and blessings fam until next time 🤘🫡

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

What nutrients have you been feeding the plant and how often? Also, what is the pH and PPM of the soil runoff?

SirHuntAlot
    Participant

You need to update your lighting. In the end you will have more control and better yield. Led  $450 for 4×4 or 5×5 flower

Kbizz
    Participant

I have them on foxfarm nutritions one thing I did do tho brother that’s different is on my last run of photos for the soil just to test it out I put in tree fertilizer spikes I think the autos finally got to em lol my last grow came out really good with out having to do much I also used boogie brew during my last grow so my soil could be just to strong for the autos I’m not to sure the ph always sits around 6.0 – 7.0  and the ppm seems to be around 1200 as of now on the autos. They are actually recovering tho now that I’m just feeding solid pure water so will see how it goes

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

I’m glad to hear they are recovering!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.