Skip to main content
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    GOLLO46
    Participant

Greetings Mr. Growit.

I understand you live in the same Vegas valley as I do.  Do you have any problems with humidifiers?  Specifically, what kind of water do you use in them?  Distilled?  RO?

I’m finding it very EXPENSIVE to buy distilled water for a complete grow cycle.  I started using RO water, but my humidifiers (I’m using AC Infinity) start to malfunction after a few weeks.  My last grow was destroyed when I found the humidify had somehow set itself to 80% while I was drying my girls.  I usually check my girls everyday, except while drying as long as I know the temps and RH are ok.  Two or three days of not checking the RH in my dry tent was devastating.

I don’t want to start my next grow until I clear up this problem.

In the past (I’ve been growing for 5 years), I know I’ve stressed my girls by not having the proper humidity in my tents.

Do you or does anyone reading this have any tricks or can you recommend a way to use humidifiers that use RO or tap water?

BTW, dude your shows and info are awesome.  Please keep the knowledge flowing.

Peace to you bro.

Sincerely,

Gollo46

CamZ

I use an ACI humidifier and so does Chris. I use ro water in it without issue. I’m about 95% sure he does the same thing. What issue are you having? Have you reached out to their customer support?

My only issue with them is that they shouldn’t have made the reservoir clear. I took mine off and spray painted it with several layers of flat black paint on the outside, which I think looks much better and prevents algea from growing in the tank. I’m not a fan of misting algea everywhere.

One other issue I noticed early on was that the fan on the bottom works better to push the mist around if you place the humidifier on something hard and flat. The tent mylar on the bottom of tents can block the flow of the fan and prevents it from working properly. The mist just barely comes out when the fan is blocked and I suspect it may be a failure point.

Lastly, ultrasoinc humidifiers use a consumable ceramic disc to create the mist. They can eventually go bad.

jameswarfield
    Participant

They have demineralization tablets on Amazon.

GOLLO46
    Participant

Do the demineralization tablets work?

GOLLO46
    Participant

My humidifiers went off the rail and raised the RH in my tent to 90%.  It destroyed 2 plants and hurt 2 others in my dry tent.  I will use demineralization tablets for my next grow.

Thanks to all for the help.  Y’all are awesome.

G

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.