Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! how many 15 gal pot in a 3×3 tent?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    grandmastergreyy
    Participant

ordered my 3×3 tent and decided on a water only amended organic soil approach last minute…my tent is due to arrive the 8th but need to buy pots in the meantime…this is my first grow so I’ve never eye balled a 3×3 tent. how many 15 gal pots (specifically by ac infinity with a 20 inch diameter) could i fit in there if any?

im prepared to go to smaller pots if its less than 2 and just feed more often. any input is appreciated and happy new year gang

rama777
    Participant

Certainly take what I say with a grain of salt because I’m a rookie. I’m nearing harvest on my first grow.

If it were me I would think less about pot size and more about what kind of growth you want, how long you veg and both in relation to how many plants will fill your space within all those variables.

I did 4×7 gallon pots and will do so again. Technically I could do 4×10 gallon pots but that would give me less flexibility with adjusting their positions to optimize the space in-between them. Also I personally doubt that I would get much more activated biology between the two pot sizes with my style of growing. So it would just be more water and I doubt more yield unless I was growing fewer plants with a longer veg.

Stuff to think about anyways. That being said, if I were attached to 15 gallon pots, then I would either veg 1 plant for at minimum 10 weeks (training pretty hard probably) or I would do two plants and veg them for about 8-9 weeks, all depending on speed of growth and stretch.

rama777
    Participant

2 plants would be weird in a 3×3 in my opinion. I would scrog em’ if so. 1 plant would be fine but then you have a much longer veg if you want to maximize your tent space. 3 plans is pretty good because it gives you some horizontal insurance in case on or two become monsters. But ultimately I think 4 is the perfect number if you manage them well.

SeasonsLater
    Participant

I have a 4×4 and have successfully grown 4 plants in 7 gal containers.  I will say it was tight and requires diligent attention on LST.  On the flip side, I have friends who only grow 1 at at time in a 3×3 with a 7 gal.  I personally maximize my space and time and in my 4×4 I have 4qty, 7 gallon fabric pots from AC infinity which you can see in my other recent post.  You are also going to need room for fans and potential humidifier / heat adjusting appliances but not sure on your setup requirements.  If it were me in a 3×3 with 7 gal pots 3 in a triangle would be ideal without knowing the strains(photo or auto) or types of plants you are growing…  Make sure that air is flowing and circulating when stuffing a tent.

CamZ

Realistically 2. You could squeeze 3 in there but with 15 gallons you are sort of overdoing the pot for the space. The plants will never get large enough to utilize that root space properly. I’d drop to 7gal and try for 4, but I like to push it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.