Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! HIGH PH IN COCO COIR 70/30 PERLITE

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    TheGreenGroomer
    Participant

currently in week 6 day 3 of veg hoping to flip to flower in a few days but i have noticed my ph is high (7.1) and i cant seem to get it down with what im feeding listed below

intake readings – 600ppms – 5.5ph
    run off readings – 300ppms – 7.0-7.1ph
    PH rising by 1.6 – so if i adjust to 3.9ph with 600ppms after a few feeds will it fix or is that not recommended to feed with that low of a PH to me it seems like it makes sense but im not 100% sure as im a new grower so any advice will be highly appreciated honestly! as i want to make sure my girl is happy as can be for flower flip 🙂

i have been considering a salt build up but i don’t think that could be the case as i have always been testing my ppms/ec of solution, And it has always been ideal if not low watering with 25% run off everyday 3L water allowing the coco to slightly dry out but not completely and i slowly adjusted the ppm hardness to not shock (overfeed) but still could be salt buildup as i said im new grower so im not a clue really learning everyday 🙂
    should i consider just giving water ph 3.9 until ph fixes then maybe my ppm run off reading will be more accurate
    (YES) My TDS/PH Pen are calibrated and if not brand new so im confident readings are accurate

nutrient line – (shogun samurai coco fertilisers)

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Over time, you’ll get funky runoff readings when growing in coco coir. Many growers ignore runoff pH and only measure the nutrient solution going in. Here’s a quick video with me and Dr. MJ Coco where he talks all about pH in coco. He mentions the issues with measuring runoff pH in coco, plus more good info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiJFEoXAPno 

TheGreenGroomer
    Participant

HEYYYY thankyou for replying to my thread MrGrowit, i believe i have watched the video linked but ill be sure to give it another watch and take note!

This is my first ever grow so i am learning as i go… just flipped her to flower heres where the fun starts 🙂 WISH ME LUCK <3

From today onwards i will no longer worry about my ph run off and rather focus on ppms, aslong as my input feed is correct i should be good… from what ive studied

ps : your youtube content is amazing and i have learned so much from all your videos so i just want to thankyou for your time to make them as it made my horticulture journey allot easier and faster to learn, BIG RESPECT!

poppajoe
    Participant

Check out Fox Farms Creme of the crop coco 50/50 blend.  expensive but worth it. Makes great starting base for super soil mix and works well with synthetics.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.