Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! Errors in your grow light article

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jeffiscool
    Participant

This is a great article, but I think you mixed up PPF and PPFD.    PPF is the acronym for Photosynthetic Photon Flux, measured in umol/s, it is the measurement of how much total PAR light a fixture can produce.  PPFD is the acronym of Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density, measured in umol/m2/s. It represents the PPF within one square meter, which is the number of PAR photons falling on a given surface per second.

PPFD is always less than total PPF, right?

Best LED Grow Lights 2023 | 2×2 Coverage Area

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

I just double checked and the PPF & PPFD information was pulled correctly. Remember, PPFD is measured as µmol/m²/s while PPF is measured as µmol/s … That might be where the confusion is. Or the confusion may be because the PPFD I’ve listed is the dead-center reading they show on the grow light’s PAR chart.

Here is an example… In that article under the HLG 100 V2, I’ve listed the PPFD as 640 µmol/m²/s and the PPF as 225 µmol/s… Those numbers come directly from one of the trusted sources linked within the article. Link to the grow light listing to confirm those numbers: https://bit.ly/3uXxgxk

Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.