Skip to main content
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jordanfortuna92
    Participant

Hey Chris! Fellow Middlesex county native here. With that being said, we both know Massachusetts summers get real humid, I wanted to know your input on keeping a dehumidifier outside of a grow tent. I know some say that it doesn’t work as great as if it were inside of the tent, but I feel like as long as it’s in the same room, its efficient enough to dehumidify the room and as long as I have a good intake it should bring down the humidity in the tent? Right?

Air conditions will be on soon, I know that technically the ac is not a dehumidifier but will dry the air out a bit. Would that be enough? What’s your take?

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Yes just in your lung room should work as long as it’s not too big. How big is your lung room? I’m assuming it’s a sealed room, is that right?

jordanfortuna92
    Participant

About 250 sqft. As far as sealed off…just the door shut when I enter/leave the room. Exhaust going out of window is weather sealed as well.

Marko in MD
    Participant

Sorry for jumping in…my 2×4 tent is in my basement and I was having a 10%+ humidity jump at night when light went out. Bought a dehumidifier yesterday, set it for 55% and last night I had no major humidity jump inside the tent. I also raised the light intensity, so that might have helped as well, but even after lights out it was good, only a 5% change. This also raised the temperature in the tent, so watch for that if you’re already where you want to be. My dehumidifier is 6 feet away from the tent in a 830 sqft basement, and it’s been very wet down here in Maryland the last few days too. Hope this helps, it seemed to work for me, or raising the lights did, either way, happy growing!

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

If you are exhausting out of a window like you mention, then it it not considered a sealed room. A sealed room would be if you’re keeping all air in and just treating the air within the room – i.e. supplementing CO2, air conditioning, scrubbing the air, etc.

You can try the dehumidifier but if you’re just exhausting the air out of the grow space then it might not be very effective.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.