Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! Defoliating during flower?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Minnekannabis
    Participant

Our girls, Super Lemon Haze (photos) we’re flipped to flower two weeks ago. They were a bit sick during veg, but we corrected our water/feed schedule and they’ve bounced back. I didn’t defoliate them much, but did prune up the lower branches. Yikes, they are bushy. Is it okay to defoliate them next week to remove most of the under canopy growth? I think they need more air circulation. Also, is it normal to see discoloration on our grow pots after feeding liquid synthetic nutes? I don’t think it’s mold or mildew. Thanks so much!

reflux1
    Participant

a white colour is salt build up, also anything thats exposed to light can produce growth of bio ?

reflux1
    Participant

as far as build up of anything, one thing thats worked for me in the past, is to run about about 30% extra more nute water than needed through pots, so a third runs out the bottom, of the pots, which means you are flushing every time you water

Minnekannabis
    Participant

We’re using 5 gallon fabric pots. When we water, some runoff comes through along the sides. That’s where we’re seeing the discoloration. We figured it was from the nutes.

CamZ

The answer to the defoliation question is it depends. It depends on the sexual stability of that strain. If you have any doubt about its ability to handle stress then don’t. If it does handle stress well them you should be fine to remove the lower growth, just don’t get carried away.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.