Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! Chemdog 91 x Original Sour Diesel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rama777
    Participant

I have about 30 regular seeds. The hermie plant was annoying. I’d like to move away from feminized seeds. The history is a seed pack of CD91 x OSD by an unknown British breeder from around 2012. The person who grew them who I don’t know had taken pollen from the male in the pack that showed sex first. He then pollinated the female that he had selected. I don’t know what traits he was after. He continued to pollinate subsequent females that matched his selected pheno for years. So that’s what I have.

Now as to wether or not the original genes were fake or not? I have no idea. However I got these seeds from an old school grower friend who can’t grow anymore. He’s a massive weed snob and he’s gone on and on for years about how much he misses having access to the flowers from these seeds. For him it was the skunkiest, dankest he’s ever had so regardless of the true origins, I trust that there is some serious potential in these seeds.

But, I would love to know how much they may stretch in potential. I know you can’t say for sure, but on a first run, I’d like to play it relatively safe and assume I’ll have some that will be maximum stretchers until I can take cuttings and find a mother. So I don’t know? 3x, 4x, 5x? Any experience with these strains to make an informed guess?

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Yeah hard to say for sure. Do you happen to know the flowering time? In general, you should see less stretch for 8-week cultivars vs longer flowering cultivars such as 10, 11, or 12+ week cultivars.

rama777
    Participant

I don’t, but since I’ll have to be guessing, I’m gonna guess 70-76 days.

That could be maybe a maximum of a 3.5x stretch? As high as 4x?

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Impossible for me to tell you for sure, but out of 13 years of growing, I’ve never had a plant stretch more than 3x. I think we talked about the different factors of stretch in another thread if I remember correctly.

rama777
    Participant

Cool that’s good to know! I thought maybe some strains might stretch much more than even 3 times.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.