Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! can clover cover crop cause Nitrogen excess?

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by CamZ.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    siva
    Participant

I am in the middle of my first grow and recently encountered leaves curling down.  Thankfully the problem is better now but I still wonder what the issue was, and think possibly the clover cover crop was the cause.  I am using super soil method with Living Soil in 5 gallon pots growing Barney’s Gorilla Glue Autos.  We are on day 54 so into flowering.  I am using a AC Infinity tent kit w/new humidifier so humidity and temps have been good.  75 degrees/ 57% atm.  Lights were at the time about 600-650 ppfd for about 19hrs or about a mid 40 DLI.  I use a moisture meter regularly to prevent overwatering and keeping in the 3-7 range.  So from what I have read environmental variables have always been within range “norms”.

The only thing is I planted clover as a cover crop and because it was growing so much I would trim it and leave the cutting in the pot.  I did this 2 or 3 times while plants vegging.  When I noticed the curling and knew it wasn’t a watering issue, I thought it could be the clover so I chopped it down without disturbing roots, removed cippings and added a layer of straw mulch cover to discourage the clover rapid growth.  The issue now is resolved, but I would like to know what happened, and since this is my first grow I am not sure if the clover’s nitrogen level would cause this or not.  Has anyone experienced this issue in the past?

Thanks,

-Siva

CamZ

It is very unlikely. Most nitrogen fixing plants need to decompose before any noticeable increase in N can occur.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.