Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! Calcium in dry powder form?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RobinvanderVliet
    Participant

Hello,

My question is about making my own bloombooster via a recepy from RQS.

The main ingredient is Monopotassium-Phosphate and it provides the actual PK booster.

I have found a company where i can buy this in 25kg bags so no problem there.

The other 2 ingredients are

calcium bicarbonate

And

Magnesium sulfate

So just cal-mag basicly.

The Magnesium sulfate is also easy to obtain but the calcium bicarbonate is a problem. From what i understand it doesnt exist in a dry form and i cant find anywhere to order from.

So i ask, what can i use (in dry powder form) to add calcium into the mix?

I have been suggested to simply add chalk or cast/gypsum but im not sure if thats uptakable by the plants?

Any ideas?

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Not sure if we have any formulation chemists on this forum to answer this for you.

CamZ

Calcium sulfate is what’s typically used. You are very unlikely to run into sulfur tox unless your levels are crazy high. If you are talking about a concentrated solution you’d need calcium chloride. As a dry mix I’d roll with calcium sulfate. Just my 2 cents.

RobinvanderVliet
    Participant

Hey Chris, thanks for responding, big fan of your work! Hope the gardentalks pick up again soon, we can always use more Dr. Bruce Bugbee 🙂

RobinvanderVliet
    Participant

Hello CamZ, thank you for the info. I think calcium sulfate wil work perfectly for my recepy. And its pretty easy to come by as wel.

Thanks a lot!

CamZ

Glad you got it figured out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.