Skip to main content
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tony.highgrows
    Participant

Hello everyone! I’m a new grower and new to the community! I’m hoping for some help.

I’m growing in ocean forest soil and using RO water. I know I need to use Cal Mag but not sure when I should stop feeding. I’ve recently flushed my plants to get ready for harvest but I believe it started to show signs of calcium deficiency.

Question: Should I stop using Cal mag two weeks before harvest or should I use it all the way till harvesting?

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Difficult to tell you for sure since we don’t know how much is in your medium right now. Both calcium and magnesium are needed throughout the plants life; but if you have enough in the medium already then you could potentially cut it off 1-2 weeks before harvest. Any idea what the PPM is?

rama777
    Participant

You could taper the calmag down to near zero by harvest but like Mr. G said, both are needed to at least some degree until the end.

if you truly believe you are getting Calcium deficiency and it isn’t from a lockout, I wouldn’t cut it out personally..

I believe flushing nutrients only makes good sense if you have some kind of excess. I have very little to back that up. Either way, if you ARE out of calcium, certainly no reason to be flushing it out specifically right? Imagine a plant that had zero nitrogen by harvest. Would it taste awesome? Perhaps, but not really because you’d be harvesting a dead plant 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.