Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! Bottom feeding organic growth

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Harrygrower
    Participant

Hi I started growing organic for the first time and are used to bottom feed. But now I’m reading that the soil must stay moist and with bottom feeding the water never reaches all the way to the top. Is that a problem? Or should I water more so the moist level will be higher?

CamZ

The topsoil must be moist if you are using dry ammendments. Moisture must be present for microbes to decompose organic matter.

Harrygrower
    Participant

Thx, I,m not using dry ammendments, but mixed compost, all mix and cocos together en feed the microbs biobizz nutriance. Kind off compost thea. Im having a small fungesnets problem hence I was thinking to start bottom feeding again for at least a couple off weeks

Harrygrower
    Participant

Also the top inch or 2 is pure coco and vermiculite as a mulch and I have white clover growing, pots are 5 gallon

CamZ

You’ll be fine to bottom feed then. You may need to water more often if you are using fabric pots though.

Harrygrower
    Participant

Super thx for this information. First bottom feed will be tomorrow. I will keep a good eye out but think it will be ok,

Per
    Participant

Bio bizz dont have any compost te

have use bio bizz in 2 years now but change to bio tabs they is better and only water from tabs with out pH or ec

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.