Skip to main content
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SeasonsLater
    Participant

Well after my successful summer of a hybrid outdoor / indoor grow I am now fully indoor for this next round.  Here are some data points about my latest grow.

I have been in vegetative stage since 9/25 running on nothing but Fox Farm Oceans forest.  2 transplants later in their final 7 gal fabric pots using PRO-MIX HP MYCORRHIZAE.  The pic was taken yesterday and I am on week 5 of Fox Farm nutrient schedule(can’t wait to try stashblend next!) as I have alot left over from the first grow and using the FFOF saves a ton on nutrient waste for first 30-40 days.

I am still using the reverse grow schedule starting the day at 6pm rather than 6am on a 16/8.

16hr temps/RH – 79-80 f / 50-60RH

8hr temps/RH – 63-65 f / 50-60RH

Using medicgrow smart 8 @ 60% apprx 14 inches with 500+Par(maybe not under fans lol)

Plants are looking healthy and I just did a punishing LST applying the SCROG.  I am going to give the plants until the end of year but I want to flip them to flower by the end of the year.  I do alot of veggie and flower gardening in the spring and I need these out of the tents by March if possible…  All my venting is outside the tent for I have alot of head space.  The pots are only a inch off the floor.  I am just concerned the plant does not seem strong enough to hold buds.

Question – I want flip to flower to flower. I know I can but should I and what are things to watch for or pay attention too?

Clones of mother plants of Gorilla Glue #4 (indica) and Super Skunk #4 (hybrid) both photoperiod after applying the pirate SCROG netting

flip2flower

SeasonsLater
    Participant

yeah well I flipped to flower on Christmas day fingers crossed we will see what happens in the coming days and weeks!  Will keep you posted!

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Sounds like you have a good plan there. Good luck! If the plants stretch like crazy, you may want to consider a 2nd layer net.

SeasonsLater
    Participant

I once again have pushed the envelope with in my 4×4 with 4 plants.  I am debating a throwaway plastic netting but leaning towards using some bamboo/plastic stakes with some garden wrap/ties and just rigging a setup as they stretch upwards in the next few weeks.

2 questions:

Q1. In your experience if you had shooters that could not be LST and are growing ahead of others that would potentially grow into the light would you prune these with HST if within the first few weeks of flower or would you just leave it

Q2.    I am planning on pruning the larf and bud nodes that will not amount to anything.  When would you stop pruning while in flower?

Thanks again for the assistance!

CamZ

Q1: Depends on sexual stability of your strain. If you have solid genetics then hst before week 5 is acceptable when the plant might hit the light. If you are growing an unknown plant then i would just try and tie it down.

Q2: When you stop pruning larf depends on how much work you want at harvest. You could continue to prune bottom larf through week 6 and 7 if you really wanted too. You have been through enough grows at this point to have an idea of how buds will dry. If it’s going to be a pain to trim, I remove it. This would hurt many growers feelings. It could be washed or pressed usually, but at the expense of costing time when trimming. I think everyone gets to a point where they just don’t want to deal with larf eventually. Plus, if you are pruning lowers you can look for nanners and other late stage gremlins better imo.

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Q1. I’d LST and last resort prune off the branch if it’s in jeopardy of being too close to the light. I’ve had a plant throw nanners before since the plant had one main branch that I couldn’t LST and it was only 8″ from the light. It sucked big time so now I won’t hesitate to prune off a branch or two if it means the rest of the plant will be better.

Q2. I typically look to prune one last time at day 21 of flower. Although sometimes within flowering, buds will form down there still so I find myself randomly plucking them off in flower.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.