Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! anything look wrong? Autos taking ages

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mads420
    Participant

Autos (Watermelon Zkittlez) slow development in flower. It’s day 52 and I haven’t seen much development over the past 3 weeks. It has a lot of 3/4 leafs, in soil and feeding synthetic around 1,5 EC in veg and 2 in flowering.

does anything look wrong in the photos?

CamZ

I’m thinking the genetics are only partially auto. Could be a potential reveg issue. Did you alter the lights at all during the run?

Mads420
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>no light changes, been running 18/6 cycle. With a 600-1000ppdf (12in away) rated led (only pull 65W from the wall), I think you might be on to something regarding the lights though. I don’t think it’s powerful enough, I have invested in a stronger light 800-1300 ppdf -12in away (pulling 135W from wall). I hope this might help them. Having looked at some other people results, this strain seems to take anywhere between 14-18 total correct me if I’m wrong.</p>

CamZ

Light could be an issue. 65 watts seems low. 120w per plant is pretty average so you should be better off with the new light. Not sure that’s the entire issue, but certainly worth the swap.

Mads420
    Participant

Update: after a week under the new lights things looking a bit better. However buds are still small and spaced out, and I guess will stay like this due to not sorting the issue early. It’s around day 65 I think, any tips on how long to wait (I want more of brown tricomes but have seen any yet) or what to do next? I have a photo plant next to the my auto, and planning on switching once auto is done. Ps. Forgot to say first grow.

CamZ

Looks like the trichomes are already cloudy from the photo. Just keep checking the trichomes until you see about 60% of them have turned amber. I would guess 2-3 weeks for that, but I can’t say that with 100% certainty because it’s all genetic dependent. No, they will never look normal since you caught it so late, but you should still end up getting a smokable harvest, which is more than many people can say.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.