Skip to main content

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    organicharvesthero
    Participant

Right now I have positive pressure in my tent from my new thermoforge t3 by ACI. It seems to be fighting with my  inline 4 inch ACI exhaust fan (only running at the lowest speed).Now,  I am trying to keep exhaust fan off and only turn on when humidity gets too high.  Is my air exchange enough from just the positive pressure pushing old air out the exhaust ducting? I have a 4×4 tent.

Mark
    Participant

Hi Organicharvest  hero,
    The basic way you set a grow room up is with negative pressure, this controls the odour, I don’t know much about the thermoforge t3 by ACI, I use a 5″ rvk fan, filter and a basic ac fan controller, I only use enough light to cover the plants canopy, less light, less heat and exhaust fan can be turn down low, so the humidity and temperature are in range, say your plant canopy about 12″ wide in late veg early flower, there no point lighting up a 4ft x 4ft room, wasting electric.
    makes me laugh when you see a 700w light on full with a rooted clone in the centre.

CamZ

<p style=”text-align: left;”>That should be sufficient air exchange for a smaller plant. There are charts on air exchange if you want more specific information on intervals and cfm.</p>

Mark
    Participant

main concern is “positive pressure”, this will stink the house out in mid flower, you always need native pressure, even if the fan on 15mins every hour, it will help and it should help to keep the humidity in range.

CamZ

15 minutes probably wouldn’t be sufficient air exchange per hour unless you were running it 1 minute at full blast every 5 minutes. The op wasn’t asking about smell though. Some people don’t care about that aspect of growing.

Mark
    Participant

You could be right but its not just odour control(really everyone needs to do this because always some neighbours that don’t want to smell your weed)you need to exchange the air because it can cause a lot of other problems like bud rot in late flower.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.