Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! 1st grow Questions! Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Darth Despot
    Participant

Thanks for helping.

My first grow hit 3 weeks today. Hazy Cush S1 feminized photoperiod.

I am seeing significant inconsistencies in my plants.  One is about where I expected and the others are lagging behind with one being really slow.  Growing with full AC infinity 4X4 kit. PHing water to 6.5. Using fox farm ocean soil and I added 10% gaia green worm castings and a little 4-4-4 to the soil.

I am follow manufacturer recommended light distances and am currently at 80% power.  Watering only when soil dries, and the big plant is watered about once every 2-3 days with the smaller plants taking 4-6 days to need more water.

I am also seeing some intermittent brown spots on my leaves and they seem warped in ways.

environment is locked at 78-80 degrees F and 45% humidity during the day. 2 fans going.  Running 18/6 light schedule. No sign of pests.

my question is what might have caused this growth inconsistency and the brown spots and I guess what I need to adjust. I am prepared to dump this grow and start with new seeds (blueberry muffin from Humboldt) if necessary as I don’t want to keep pushing forward if It’s unreasonable.

Darth Despot
    Participant

I wanted to also note that when the seeds first started to pop out of the soil, the largest plant popped up very nicely 3-4 inches tall.  The other 2 shorter plants only sprouted an inch or less out of the soil and sat there for a while.  The smallest plant came up and sat like a mm above the soil. So I guess they acted odd right from the start.

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

All 4 of those plants sprouted on the same day or did they sprout on different days?

Soil and worm castings is good. Adding in the small amount of Gaia green is ok. pH of 6.5 is good, temp 70-80 is good. If you raise the RH here in veg then that should help a bit with growth. Light distance should be fine.

You mention these 4 plants are the same cultivar. I assume they are from seed? Without knowing the parents and how stable they were when selfed, there is a possibly that you would see various growth characteristics and growth rates.

3 out of the 4 plants look to be ready for transplant. What size container will you transplant into?

The brown spots could be due to the drybacks and/or a heavy watering causing a lack of oxygen in the root zone. Both are easy to encounter in such a small container. I imagine things will be a lot easier for you and the plants will be happier in larger containers. Additional tip: sprinkle some mycorrhizal fungi onto the roots when transplanting and/or a 1/8 to 1/4 cup of worm castings into the hole before placing the plant in it.

Hope this helps!

Darth Despot
    Participant

Thanks man! I’m sure it will help. I’m going to transplant today and see if they recover.  My biggest plant started wilting bad yesterday. Possibly due to overwatering? I am transplanting into 1 gallon pots and using mycorral when I do.
    i tested run off 2 days back and it was 5.7.

Darth Despot
    Participant

it was over watering.  I transplanted all plants have reduced watering and they really snapped back over a few days! They look much healthier and are finally starting to grow.  

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

I’m glad they are bouncing back!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.