Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! Please help me identify the issue here. Week 3 flower. Skunk#1 from seedsman.

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Joshua1876
    Participant

Hey Chris, I follow you on patreon but can't post pics so I'm reaching out to you here. Can you tell me what's wrong with this plant based on the signs? Week 3 of flower, skunk#1 from seedsman. Organic grow using fox farm ocean forest soil and top dressed with build a soil craft blend before flipped to flower. I use RO water that is always at 6.5ph.

Joshua1876
    Participant

Image #2 of skunk#1 from seedsman. Organic grow week 3 flower. Top dressed with build a soil craft blend

Joshua1876
    Participant

Week 3 flower. Seedsman skunk #1 organic grow, top dressed prior to flip with build a soil craft blend. I use RO water at 6.5ph

CamZ

Are those lower leaves? Are they getting decent light?

Joshua1876
    Participant

It’s happening all through the plant. I’m almost positive it’s getting enough light, I have 6 plants total all under ac infinity ionboard 4×4 and a viparspectra p2000. It’s weird because the plant is praying to the light which in my experience tells me it’s supposedly happy. But every time I walk in to look there is another leaf doing it. Room temp in flower is between 68-75f lights on and 60-70 lights off.

Joshua1876
    Participant

I use RO water and have noticed some rust spots on my other plants as well as the skunk #1 so I watered with cal-mag yesterday.

Joshua1876
    Participant

I’m wondering if it’s suffering from nutrient burn. Correct me if I’m wrong but if I introduce c02 the plant should be able to withstand a slightly higher ppm. I had a grandaddy c02 pad but it’s probably drained now. Probably going to get a c02 bottle to hang.

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Can we get some more info? Are you in soil or coco? If soil, what brand? Did you amend in any fertilizer before planting? What size container?

One of the biggest contributing factors to the plant showing deficiencies is the soil being too wet or too dry. Do you have a moisture meter? If not, can you tell us how you go about watering and determining if the soil is moist enough or not?

Joshua1876
    Participant

I have a moisture meter in the soil. I water every 3-4 days when the moisture meter is in the dry range.

Joshua1876
    Participant

I’m in fox farm ocean forest soil. I top dressed with build a soil craft blend before flip 2 flower. All other strains are fairly happy. The plant in question is even praying to the light. All other plants are happy

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Interesting. Got a pic of the entire tent and another pic of just that one plant? It sounds like you’re doing everything right and so maybe this plant is a heavier feeder, or the plant could have a virus or viroid. Maybe the pictures will help us identify something.

CamZ

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Looks a bit like a phosphorus deficiency. My first thought was the soil being too wet also, but if you have a moisture meter that shouldn’t be it. You haven’t noticed any soil pests either I imagine?</p>
    Yeah, a more inclusive picture would be helpful.

Joshua1876
    Participant

Skunk #1 by seedsman

Joshua1876
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I’m actually not in a tent. I have a 8×12 grow room in my back yard with air conditioner/dehumidifier, heater. I have noticed up top where the colas are forming that the new growth leaf tips are turning purple grayish. I thought it could be nutrient burn but I’m no professional cultivist. I have been meaning to do a soul runoff test to test the ph/ppm. This is my first organic grow.</p>

CamZ

I can confirm that does appear to be nutrient burn. Is that the plant the leaves are from? You should probably try and get a runoff test watering cycle and post those numbers, including input water ppm/ec. Nute burn typically causesĀ  the tips to rolling inward like that or to drop straight down like they are really heavy at the tip.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.