Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! Plant suddenly very droopy

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    growstrong88
    Participant

Hey yall, thanks in advance for any info gained here.  I thought I had things dialed in, so I’m pretty confused.

My plant is some kind of runtz cross, 31 days from planting the seed (pre soaked in a cup and then paper towl).  It was sown directly in a 0.7 gallon pot of amended Ocean Forest soil (sterilized with boiling water, then amended with castings, biochar, perlite, and a little Earth Dust Base to restart the microbial life.  Rehydrated with a light dose of Recharge and allowed to set for a few days/weeks).  It has been growing happily in a small tent with adequate fans, and a logic driven ventilation system.  The tent has stayed in the 68F (night) to 78F (day) range and has been kept at 60-70% humidity.  I’m measuring this with a sensorpush HTP.xw (the one with +-1.5RH) as well as the ac infinity sensor and the inkbird humidistat sensor.  It’s growing under an older Viparspectra P1000 @ 100% and around 20″ from the top.

My plant was big enough to need water almost every day and I had to go out of town (for 3 days).  I marked a solo cup with the amount of water I was giving it per serving and had someone check on it.  I know they followed the directions.  The last day it was droopy despite having an appropriate amount of water (I literally weighed this plant before and after watering the last few times to make sure that I knew how much to tell my plant sitter).  I returned to a very sad plant.  I weighed it and it should have been a little thirsty by my experience so I hit it with a light dose of recharge and…  It looked worse in the morning.  I dialed back the light and gave it a foliar spray (Canopy boost by TPS nutrients).  It looked slightly better for the day and then got droopy again.   I knew that it was about ready for a transplant anyway so I went ahead and put it in it’s 7 gal. fabric pot and it has continued to look droopy.  That was 24 hours ago.  I did not prune the roots at all because of the low health of the plant and my lack of experience with this practice.  Would it have been better to do that?  Please see pictures.  I don’t know what to change.  I’m pretty sure I have the right amount of moisture in the new soil.  Thanks again for any incite.

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Your post was stuck in a “pending” queue that is difficult for me to see, so it was never approved to be seen until now. Sorry about that. This post is from several months back but shows as today since it was approved today. I assume this is resolved but please let us know if you have any other questions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.