Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! Natures Living Soil original concentrate- any experience?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    grandmastergreyy
    Participant

Hey gang,

I intend to start growing  very soon.  This will be my first grow and i  have a question

does anyone have experience with Natures Living Soil original concentrate that makes living soil (by mixing with organic potting mix) ? It says to “Plant and water from seed to harvest”
    So im assuming it being living soil, i will not have to mess around with nutes much as this will have enough of it from the living soil mix? Of course i would still measure ppm to be sure

but i was wondering if anyone has had direct experience with this brand or something like it and what are your thoughts

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

I haven’t used it but I can give some input which may be helpful. Natures Living Soil original concentrate is labeled as a “super soil” which means you should be able to get through the entire grow cycle without having to add any additional fertilizer. The instructions say to mix the 5-lb bag with 25-gal of media. One thing they don’t mention with this is the recommended container size. If you use this mix and load up the soil into 1, 3, or even 5gal containers then you will most likely run out of nutrients. Many would suggest 7-gal containers as the minimum size for this to work successfully. Others may say 10-gal at the minimum and there are some people out there that will say even larger. So if you do try this, make sure you’re using a big enough container.

grandmastergreyy
    Participant

good stuff right there…recommend any reading material or YouTube channels if wanting to go the organic route that may have tips like these available?

CamZ

Mr Grow It has several videos discussing that topic on his grow talk podcast. You can also check out Green Goblin 510 and Build-a-soil’s channel.

grandmastergreyy
    Participant

appreciate you camZ …ive heard build a soil website is a nice resource. also going to check out green goblin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.