Skip to main content
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BLasianNinja16
    Participant

I understand that your normal method of drying is to hang dry. and that is also the concensus of most oldSkool growers.

what are the chances that you would collaborate with and test out the herbsNow dryer and show the results. whether good or bad. an honest review of the drying process….

I run a perpetual grow. so I harvest monthly. and to go from 12-20 days drying to 4-6 days, guaranteeing no mold, could really help the community if u find it beneficial. and if not then we can also benefit

ANY CHANCE?

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

I actually switched over to the Cannatrol in December. Hopefully I won’t have to dry in a tent again lol. But the limited capacity on the Cannatrol makes it so I will have to do scattered harvests or else I will have to dry in a tent again.

Scott from HerbsNow reached out to me about his dryer. Looks interesting! I am about the harvest my last two plants and won’t have another harvest until the end of the year so I won’t be able to try it out anytime soon. Do you use that dryer now?

I did take a deeper look into it. The listing doesn’t say what the capacity is; any idea how much it can hold? It’s unfortunate that there is no temperature control. It just says, “We purposely do not have a temperature control button on the unit to ensure that the unit stays within the optimal temperature range for drying “… It makes me wonder what temp they have it set to – since they don’t specify.

I live in a dry climate where the normal RH is about 30% in the summer and even lower in the winter. On the listing it says “For areas with less than 40% humidity we recommend using the HerbsNOW Moisture Shot. ” … Looks like it holds water in there to help regulate the RH, similar to how the Cannatrol uses a sponge.

Interesting stuff! I’ll stay tuned to see what other people are reporting about using it.

BLasianNinja16
    Participant

according to Scott, there is a brain/chip that regulates the temperature within +or- 1 degree of the temperature zone needed to properly dry. adjusting the temperature when needed based on ambient temperatures.

I live in AZ so low Rh% is my bissgest issue like you. I’ve dried with and without the shot. it’s the same really. I’ve dried in summer when less rh and winter with more rh and dries the same.

I’m an advocate of this dryer. BroScience is BS. just passed down info however Scott put his dryer thru the test to get science backing. the cannatrol allows you to set Temps and I like that the HerbNow dryer doesn’t. less room for error if using the machine has its proposed to be used.

size or quantity. I’ve gotten a Lb out of the HND (HerbNow dryer). just wet trim the nugs to remove all the fan leaves and how u want your bag appeal. pack in the buds likex-mas trees being stood up. when Don drying you’ll go from completely packed to seeing almost 1/3rd of the trays with space due to the buds being nice n dry. ready to smoke however the cure from there is the cherry on top.

Scott says he made this for the home grower. n the commercial version is coming.

12-20 days of drying down to 3-6 is a big difference. I run perpetual, so I harvest almost monthly and that math is a big difference.

if u asked I bet Scott could have 1 out to you in a few days to offer another drying solution with a great opportunity to compare the cannatrol vs the HND vs hangdry

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Thanks for the additional info! Maybe I’ll try it sometime.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.