Skip to main content
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gadams
    Participant

Water question. First grow had some type of lockout. I also let the vpd get pretty high like 90° with 50% humidity. So idk if thay caused plant to uptack nutrients rapidly and thay caused the lockout or what. My question is I have hard well water like 600ppm from the well. I run it through a softener and then an ro system. The water softener takes the cal mag out of the water and replaces it with sodium from what I understand.  After the ro system the water comes out at 40ppm and around 5.5 ph. It’s around 6.5 ph without the ro. Am I good to just keep up with adding calmag and bringing the ph up? Or is there something the softener salts are altering my feed and should I just try to grow with the hard water? Should I have the hard water tested right from the well and then just try to ammend that?  Any info from growers with hard water appreciated.

To answer your questions(Mostly), Yes, you are. Btw I’m a novice grower but got the recitals, backing me up. Add calmag then ph correct it. And yes, you do want to amend. And yes, you should grow with the hard water, overall. Good, for the plants, but not for, you!..Thanks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.