Skip to main content
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sockfootball21
    Participant

Hey mrgrowit what do you think about the nukehead grow lights? Their cob led seem pretty cool. If one dies its replaceable. They haven’t posted much in terms of ppfd maps. Also no idea how efficient they are compared to either quantum boards or bar lights. Would be cool to see you do a video on these. If anyone has a nukehead light with a good par meter it would be nice to get some readings

sockfootball21
    Participant

This is one of their lights

sockfootball21
    Participant

CamZ

Cob lights are less efficient than both bar lights and quantum boards of similar quality. Their lens creates losses in ppfd and their size leads to poor par maps, which is probably why you haven’t seen one.

sockfootball21
    Participant

i have made by nukehead but this site won’t let me post a pic of it. With my par app on my phone it seems decent but I don’t have a good par meter or anything. Nukehead hasn’t put out much in the lines of ppfd map bc he keeps updating his cob lights. 

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Sorry for the delayed response. Only a 6-month warranty makes it something I personally would avoid. Also doesn’t appear to have any safety certifications like ETL or UL listed which is a big concern. I didn’t think you were legally able to sell electronics without safety certifications. I know commercial facilities can’t use grow lights that don’t have any safety certifications. They also don’t provide a PAR map which is another thing worth noting. Since a grow light is arguable the most important piece of equipment, I’d go with a more trustworthy brand that offers at least a 1-year warranty; most offer a 3 or 5-year warranty.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.