Skip to main content

Home Forums Grow Community – Ask Questions & Share Your Grow! Chill out OG Grow Difficulty?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jakedebus
    Participant

Hello!

I’m a brand new grower – I’m looking to try chill out OG as my next run, but I haven’t even harvested anything just yet, so still very new.

The first 2 runs I have going are looking great and doing all organic living soil, so for my third, I recently tried popping some beans labeled as difficult to grow and there are already multiple problems 2 weeks in. I’m taking these problems as learning experience and figuring out what not to do, but it seems I’m in over my head here.

Does anyone have any indications as to how easy / difficult this strain is to grow? I’d hate to waste awesome beans by not yet having the skills to grow them.

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

I consider it more on the easy side to grow, although, if you’re brand new then everything you grow could be challenging. If it worries you, maybe get some cheap seeds to start to get some experience first?

jakedebus
    Participant

Sounds good and great point! I appreciate the input.

Luckily the noted struggling seedlings have mostly bounced back and everything else has been going relatively smoothly so far. I’ve only killed 1 set of seedlings and I know exactly how it happened, so it won’t happen again!

I started another 6 blueberry autoflowers from ILGM to get some more experience and I’ll start these next, so I should be on my 5th total set of plants when I plant these!

Hopefully I’ll be able to do it justice and I’ll make sure to post updates.

CamZ

<p style=”text-align: left;”>In my experience, with the f1 I have, it is very easy to grow. My plant isn’t a heavy feeder or a light feeder. I would have to call it a medium feeder. 800-1000 ppm in flower and I am seeing slight tip burn. I have 4 different strains in 1 recirculating system and I’m always trying to find the balance between them. Pushed them all at 1250 in stretch and then backed down to 1000 once I started seeing tip burn. I’m finishing up in the next 2 weeks. If you want to see some pics keep an eye out. If you end up with a similar cultivar as me then you’ll want to do a decent amount of defoliation in the middle canopy because it will grow some leaves for sure. I have also noticed that the pistils die back around week 5-6 and then throw new ones. I have seen it 3 times now and it makes me think it’s getting pollinated every time, but nope, just how it grows.</p>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.