Skip to main content
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Aurora4358
    Participant

Hi MrGrowit,

I am 65 with late stage neurological Lyme disease and just grew my first indoor plant, an Afghan Autoflower from ILGM. I just chopped it down after seeing all the Trichomes were milky with a few amber and the pistils were approximately 65-75% red.

I belong to a FB cannabis  growing group and many told me I chopped way too early. All I’ve read in books and online is that once trichomes are milky and a few can be amber that it’s good to harvest. Pistils about 60-75% red or brown is less accurate I suppose but I thought I’d mention it. Can you tell me your opinion from the photos? I’ve done lots of reading and videos on YouTube and was pretty sure I did not harvest too early as I wanted to avoid trichomes degrading into CBN.  It seems (unfortunately IMO) there are some who delight ragging on new growers such as myself – but seeing this was my first indoor grow I believe I did an OK job. A few said the buds look too “airy”

thank you!

mrgrowit
    Keymaster

Hard to tell with just that one photo, but if the trichomes were mostly milky then you should be fine. Many old school growers will look at the stigmas to determine readiness which has been proven to be less accurate than looking at the trichomes. FB growing groups are typically very toxic so hopefully no one said anything that upset you. I had to leave all FB grow groups because of not only angry people but a lot of bad information.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.